Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Quick Restaurant Review

I recently visited Amrhein's in South Boston. They have a new chef and a new menu and I must say, it is worth visiting if you can track down the chef. His name is Rich. He was extremely accommodating. To be honest, they were not very willing to work with me before Rich came along. I happened to get him on a day he had a few free moments. He was able to cook my meal himself! That is not always going to be the case, but if you can call ahead or catch him when he is not bust he will be happy to help. At the very least he can explain the deal to the kitchen staff. Don't expect him to know the details of the gluten free diet. You will have to explain to him exactly what needs to be done, but once you do, I assure you, you will not regret it. I ate the pan seared scallops with spinach and mashed potatoes and it was excellent! Definitely give it a shot if you are in the area. Here's it the link to their website:
http://www.amrheinsboston.com/

Update: Second time I ate there I felt pretty sick after. Not sure if it was the food or just a fluke. 

No comments: